1. Shoes that pinch, or no longer fit and don't look good. Taking up valuable closet space makes them even LESS appealing! Give those to Goodwill or a shelter where they can serve a purpose to someone in need.
2. Extra shopping bags. Ok, keep a couple. You don't need the other 48 that are on top of your fridge!
3. Any sheet sets for which you no longer have that size mattress.
4. Beauty products in your bathroom that no longer work for you. Check the shower and below the sink as well as on top of the sink to be sure you have covered all areas.
5. Cups or mugs with tiny chips in the rim. Don't take a chance of cutting your lip or the lip of a guest. Ditch those...now!
6. Any attachments, parts or supplies for a vacuum that you no longer own. Included are the extra bags and belts.
7. Extra flower vases which you got when your husband sent you flowers. You probably have plenty, so donate those extras. Valuable cabinet space is being wasted!
8. Pass along or donate books which you have already read, or started and didn't like. Think of the pleasure you are adding to the life of others and it makes the "getting rid of " part much easier.
9. Your worn out jacket or sweater that has been in your front closet which you haven't worn anyway for ages.
10. All that camping equipment which you used once, in 2004. Time to donate that.
Look around. Let me know what else you see that frankly you realize can be immediately tossed! Feels good to do that...doesn't it?!