Be sure to include amongst your paperwork for the survivors:
- location of your safe deposit box and the key
- location of your will and estate planning documents. A copy of your will should be outside of your safe deposit box and easy to access.
- where to get your medical coverage information and policies
- Social Security or veterans administration records to identify those for their ease of potential benefits
- Life insurance policies are certainly very important. State where these are stored and what steps should be taken to collect the funds.
- title documents and other records relating to your assets such as deeds, stocks, bonds, bank accounts, deposits, retirement plans and vehicle titles should all be easily accessible.
- list of debt such as your home mortgage your car loans should be available and up-to-date.
- Names and contact info of any of your professional advisors including your lawyer
- If you operate a business a list of your key employees.
This is important. Schedule a time on your calendar NOW to get this reviewed.